General provisions on the visa regime in Kazakhstan.
According to existing legislation in the Republic of Kazakhstan, all foreign nationals require business or tourist visa to enter the territory of the country.
The exceptions are provided for the citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. With these countries Kazakhstan has established the bilateral visa-free regime.
Conditions and Requirements for Obtaining a Visa:
To get a vise all foreign nationals have to contact the embassy or the consulate of Kazakhstan and submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the passport (or international travel document.)
2. A copy of a letter of invitation with visa support number.
3. A completed visa application form and 1 passport size photo.
In addition, to get a visa you must pay the visa fee.
There are also some special conditions for obtaining a visa:
- For a transit visa (valid up to 5 days), you’ll need a visa to the country of destination and relevant tickets with the date of departure.
- Validity of passport must exceed the validity of the visa by 6 months.
- To obtain a tourist visa to Kazakhstan it is necessary to have the confirmation from the travel agency having the license for this type of activity.
Letter of Invitation (Visa Support).
The process of visa obtaining involves several stages. After submitting the package of documents to the Embassy or the Consulate of Kazakhstan, the visa application is considered in the Foreign Ministry (not longer than 7 days). After that, the Foreign Ministry sends the Embassy or Consulate either the invitation letter or the visa denial. On the basis of such a letter a visa to Kazakhstan will be issued.
Besides, there is a list of countries whose citizens do not need invitation letter and can get a visa not only in the embassy but also at Foreign Ministry consular posts in the airports of Kazakhstan. These privileges are extended to one-time, business or tourist visas. The list of states is as follows:
Republic of Korea